I encountered the following issue when running RabbitMQ on a host with the hostname
1 2 3 4 5 6
dmesg shows a segfault happened:
1 2 3
When manually starting
rabbitmq-server, I get the following message:
I found a bug report for the Ubuntu package
rabbitmq-server, but as of today has no replies.
Apparently, it’s not possible to run rabbitmq-server on a host that has a numeric hostname. I assume this is a bug in either Erlang or RabbitMQ and will eventually be fixed, hopefully.
RabbitMQ interprets everything after the first
. in the hostname as domain, and therefore comes to the conclusion
1 is the full hostname.
The following workaround fixed it for me.
On Ubuntu, I added the following to
1 2 3 4 5
Make sure to also add an entry for
rabbitmq to your
/etc/hosts file, otherwise
rabbitmq-server will complain that it’s not resolvable:
After that, starting
rabbitmq-server works like a charm.
HOSTNAME like this might cause other issues. I didn’t test it on clustered setups yet. Let me know if you know more!